System Engineer - Israel
ART MEDICAL is a well-funded medical startup, developing cutting-edge technologies and products for the treatment of ICU patients. Our smART+™ platform is an intelligent, multi-sensor-based enteral feeding system for the treatment of critical care patients, that aims to prevent life-threatening complications and help ICU patients recover faster and better.
We are looking for an experienced System Engineer for the System Engineering team at the R&D department at ART MEDICAL. As a System Engineer, you will be part of a multidisciplinary group of system, hardware, firmware, and software engineers maintaining and developing the current and future multidisciplinary systems.
If you are a self-driven, team player, have a can-do and problem-solving attitude, and want to work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary workplace and impact the future of patient care in the ICU, then you may be the person we are looking for!
Role & Responsibilities
- Convert user, product, and marketing requirements into practical system, subsystem level, and software requirements.
- Manage system, sub-system level and software requirements, specifications, and working parameters.
- Lead the risk management activities and documentation for the current platforms.
- Defining, planning, and leading system design and integration using a cross-disciplinary team of engineers.
- Lead problem-solving and escalations from different stakeholders within and outside of the organization.
- Drive verification and validation activities for the current platform, including system, subsystem level, and SW testing.
- Work in collaboration with different stakeholders in the company including R&D engineers, regulatory and quality, Product and SQA, to provide and maintain medical system compliance.
- Work with project and program managers to create and manage project schedules and perform tasks breakdown.
- BSc. in Bio-medical, Mechanical, Electrical, and Computer science from a leading university; a master’s degree is an advantage.
- 2-4 years of experience in the development of multi-disciplinary medical devices is a must.
- 2-4 years of experience in a system engineering role is a must.
- Experience with risk management from a medical device company is an advantage.
- Experience in multidisciplinary systems including HW, SW, mechanics, and algorithms from medical device companies is an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of Medical Device Compliance and Medical standards (60601, 62304, 14971, 13485, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills and excellent teamwork capabilities.
- Experience with Medical Regulatory submissions.
- Experience with verification and validation activities and knowledge of testing methodologies.
- Good documentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to self-manage and lead technical meetings and discussions.
Our products are making a difference in people’s lives and that impacts our daily work. It’s not just writing code – it’s writing code that matters.